Thursday, March 12, 2009

A faded smile, frozen in time.





The Ides of March, as a young kid I always looked forward to two days, first my Birthday ( April 20Th ) and March 12, my Mothers' B'day. After her passing in 2001, its a rather bittersweet day, sad because I cant be with her to blow out her candles, take her to dinner, tell her that I love her or to hold her, but I gain comfort in remembering her life, and her spirit and most of all her smile. I often wonder how diff rent my life would be if she were still around, would I be the same person? would I be happy? would I be, me?.

Every time I see my nephews, deep inside I get sad knowing that when I hold them, kiss them or tell them that I love them...that my mother cant do the same. She never got to meet or have any grand kids. I know she would have been the happiest ' Grandma ' in the world.



1 comment:

MichaelFrank said...

damn... i know that feeling exactly. everytime i see my nephew i think of how much my mom loved him, and how much she is missing. but more importantly how much love he will miss out on. To moms!