Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Meeting one of my heroes....




I will get to all I did on the weekend, and believe me it was ALOT! but first I wanted to share some pics of my meeting one of my heroes Father Geoffrey Farrow who was a longtime Catholic priest who revealed recently that he is gay and opposed to Proposition 8, the November ballot initiative that would overturn the California Supreme Court's decision earlier this year allowing same-sex marriage. As a result, Farrow has been stripped of his job as a parish priest in Fresno, including his salary and health benefits. The meeting was something that I organized with faith leaders and guys from my Mens' group, it was beautiful how they all came together and expressed interest in his story, it didnt matter what religion they followed they just wanted to understand.




To read about his journey, you can read the amazing article L.A times did on him.




No comments: