Tuesday, December 2, 2008

So tired....but well worth it.







Yesterday my day started at 5 a.m and didn't stop until 11: 30 p.m, of course with a 15 minute lunch break ( mandatory, mind you ) all of this was for our 15Th Annual ' Noche De Las Memorias '. I had several interviews, and I must have looked soo tired because thats what my dad called to tell me @ 3 a.m ( he is a late owl like me ) Its always held on December 1st to commemorate WORLD AIDS DAY, and this ceremony is done to induct new names to ' the wall ' of people that have passed due to AIDS. Last night was amazing, few times have I been left speechless, to be able to see the community come together and become one and show their solidarity in the fight against AIDS. It made all of the hard work worth it and then some, just being able to see all the faces of people that have had loved ones affected by this disease really made you acknowledge life. After I got home, I took a long shower and tried to unwind but still was too wired to do anything, and of course I didn't go to the Britney Spears release party that I had worked so hard to get on the ' list ' for.




So, here I am writting from home, and trying to not think of my ' wildflower ', even though its hard I cant stop and think of him and wonder what he is up to, and all that jazz. I'm also working on a venture that I'm gonna ask for your help on, I am organizing a Toy Drive to benefit ' Para los Ninos ' partly because of the hilarious Kathy Griffin episode where she sets to build a school in ' Mejico ' due to her contract with ' Para los ninnnoz '. I'll have some more info on that soon.. cuz well Xmas is just around the corner.




1 comment:

Nel said...

So THAT'S what you were up to on that long workday you mentioned on ur "status". hehe Well, it was well worth it! I can imagine what it must've felt like being there.

Oh and btw...I officially added you onto my "blogs I read" section over at my own lil blogspot. lol