Friday, November 14, 2008

Last Night A DJ Saved my life







So, last night I was invited to the Bienestar AIDS gala ( Latino Factory 5 ) being held at the Mayan theater in Downtown L.A. Being that this was one of the last fashion events of the year I didn't hesitate to attend, at the VIP ticket was even better. So I arrived with my Best friend Danny, Joe, Jesse, Ricardo, Alex, Anthony and Edgar at around 6:30, after I ran around my office changing clothes and I was actually surprised that the evening went off without a hitch.
I was excited to be in a room full of L.A Fashion glitterati and I welcomed the exchange that I had with several people there that recognized me from my magazine column ( Carrie Bradshaw, all the way ;0-) ) and had a great time meeting people and just trying to be social, which wasn't hard at all, Ive always thought of myself as being a social misfit, and being very shy and withdrawn from people, I know.. I know. But maybe I found my set of people or I'm just finding out that I can be comfortable in my own skin, it must be an age thing I guess. Needles to say the event was a great fun, met many people that I had lost contact in over the years and found a lil part of myself, fashion, music, friends and alcohol, the only thing that was missing is my plus one to walk with me and take pics with me.. but until I find my partner, I am pretty happy with my best friend and crime partner.
Here are some of the pictures of the event, sorry I'm not more poetic or deep, but Ive been SO tired since last night. Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!

No comments: