Thursday, November 27, 2008

memories come and run....


I had decided a few days ago, that I wasn't going to blog about my ' thanksgiving ' but I'm bad at hiding my feelings and this shouldn't be one of them. As far as I can remember I have always loathed the holidays ( yes, even Xmas ) I can only remember two thanksgiving dinners that were special ( one year my mom actually made Turkey, and last years when I was surrounded by my second family in L.A ) and the rest werent anything special , and this year is really no different. As I write this, I can sense families getting together, laughing together, toasts being made, and children running around having a great time. Since I woke up today, I have been getting wonderful emails from everyone wishing me a ' Happy Thanksgiving ' and also asking me what I am thankful for, this has caused me some type of reflection, I am very thankful for my family, even though I'm not around them as much as I would hope for, I'm thankful they are my family, my mother's memory, my job, thankful for being able to still be able to feel even though its usually heart pain, its still a feeling and it reminds me I'm still alive. I don't want to keep writing because I sense that my pre-packaged ' dinner ' might be getting cold in the microwave. I just realized that this post has taken me over an hr to write, and over 1o songs have played in the duration of it.


No comments: